What is Women of NAMM?
Women of NAMM (WoN) is a council of the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) dedicated to increasing female representation in the industry.
WoN will continue to pursue the vision, mission, and objectives set forth by SWIM for the benefit of women in the music products industry and expand to include female professionals in other NAMM member categories including the pro audio and entertainment technology segments.
The Women of NAMM (WoN) NAMM Show Scholarship (Open)
Overview: The Women of NAMM Fund NAMM Show scholarship program seeks to support women with goals to connect, support, and grow as professionals and leaders, and contribute to the development of the music products industry.
- Who Makes Up WoN?
Women in the music products, pro audio and sound, and entertainment technology industry.
- What are WoN’s Goals?
Connect, Support, and Grow female leadership within the industry.
- Why Get Involved?
To develop their leadership aspirations and to broaden and deepen their connections within the industry.
- How Much Does it Cost to Join WoN?
WoN is included with NAMM Membership.
Benefits of Joining WoN include:
- Mentorship programs
- Exclusive educational opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Access to WoN-specific events at The NAMM Show
- Being a part of a community of like-minded and accomplished women within the industry
“I think WoN is a great initiative for NAMM. One of the things I noticed when I first joined the music industry ten years ago was how few women there are in the music industry. Even when I would visit dealers or something industry related, there just wasn’t a lot of inclusion, consistently for women. I see it very different now, and I think WoN is a big part of that and is going to make it even better in the future.”
About Us - Pillars
Fosters the relationships needed to equip woman to thrive within the music products industry.
- Network with industry peers at WoN events, held at each NAMM Show.
- Link with other industry women through the WoN database.
Provides an inclusive community to promote each individual’s full potential and celebrate collective achievements.
- Job shadowing and mentoring with industry leaders at trade shows and other music industry events.
- In-company residencies with acknowledged women leaders in the industry.
Reach new heights with educational opportunities that develop and expand women’s unique talents and strengths.
- Professional development opportunities at NAMM Shows.
- Enroll in the annual two-day Leadership Symposium at NAMM headquarters that brings together successful women leaders, to inspire, teach, and share.